About the position
DevOps is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Integrate with other teams throughout the company to help develop solutions.
- A minimum of 2 years of full time industry experience developing or maintaining software systems in production
- Proficient in Linux administration
- Excellent knowledge of at least one configuration management tool like Ansible, Salt, Puppet.
- Expert knowledge of container technologies. We use Docker.
- Proficient with scripting, i.e. shell, Python etc.
- Experience with continuous deployment, live monitoring, dynamic load balancing, and security.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (preferably AWS).
Nice To Have
- Continuous Integrations skills.
- Understanding of cryptography and security best practices.
- Previous DevOps experience
- Any big data experience a plus.
How to apply
- A write up explaining who you are as a programmer. Some questions you might want to address:
- What projects have you enjoyed working on?
- What motivates you?
- What surprising things have you learned about yourself since starting to program?
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, Behance, Dribbble, etc).
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, etc).
Are you interested in this position?Apply Now